10. Some stock transfer local authorities who had previously transferred all of their stock to a housing association retained a very small number of residential properties that were previously tied to council facilities (e.g. school janitor houses or houses at entrances to public parks). For the purposes of this publication, all stock transfer local authorities are reported as having zero stock.
20. The 'Workless, other inactive' group consists of families in which all adults are economically inactive (i.e. where no adult is in work or unemployed). This includes working-age adults in receipt of sickness and disability benefits, who may have living standards lower than those implied by the results presented because of additional costs associated with their disability (for which no adjustment has been made here).
21. In this section, 'Europe Old EU' refers to the countries that joined the EU up to 1995, i.e. Belgium, Germany, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Denmark, Ireland, United Kingdom, Greece, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Finland, Sweden. 'Europe New EU (2004 to 2013)' refers to the countries that joined the EU between 2004 and 2013, i.e. Czech Republic, Estonia, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia.
22. SSCQ 2017 is published here: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/About/Surveys/SSCQ
23. "Sexual Orientation in Scotland 2017 - A summary of the Evidence base": http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2017/01/4911
24. "Sexual Orientation in Scotland 2017 - A summary of the Evidence base", Section 3. Demographics: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2017/01/4911/3
26. A Large family household consists of either (a) two adults and three or more children or (b) three or more adults and one or more children.
27. Information and datasets on the Scottish Social Housing Charter are available from: https://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/find-and-compare-landlords
28. Information and datasets on the Scottish Social Housing Charter are available from: https://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/find-and-compare-landlords
30. Information and datasets on the Scottish Social Housing Charter are available from: https://www.scottishhousingregulator.gov.uk/find-and-compare-landlords
31. Statistics on private rents are sourced from the Market Evidence Database, which is largely based on advertised rent levels for new tenancies, not rents for existing tenants. More information in Annex A.
34. For consistency with other analysis based on the Family Resources Survey, income values for the analysis of banded incomes (charts 5.10 and 5.11) have been adjusted for inflation over the three-year period from 2014/15 to 2016/17. This adjustment was not carried out for the Scottish Household Survey banded income analysis.
35. The ratios calculated for this report used net household income before housing costs have been deducted. Ratios of housing costs to income will vary depending on the choice of income variable and this should be kept in mind when interpreting the results. More information about the performance indicators is available here: http://www.gov.scot/About/Performance/scotPerforms/partnerstories/HARO/Indicators