Who is the guidance for?
This document should be read by:
- People who use AAC,*† their families and carers.
- Strategic and operational heads within Health Boards, local authority Social Work and Education Departments, and the voluntary sector.
- Speech and language therapists, social workers, teachers, learning support teachers, educational psychologists, and staff in further and higher education.
For the purposes of this document AAC does not include:
- Individuals who use assistive technologies to support communication difficulties as a consequence of sensory impairment.
- Individuals for whom English is not their first language and where there is no communication difficulty in their first language.
Email: Peter Kelly