Universal Health Visiting Pathway evaluation - phase 1: main report - primary research with health visitors and parents and case note review
The Universal Health Visiting Pathway was introduced in Scotland in 2015 to refocus the approach to health visiting. This is the first report of 4 that provides findings of the National Evaluation of Health Visiting. It focuses on primary research with health visitors and parents and case note review.
1. Roberts H (2012) What Works in Reducing Inequalities in Child Health? The Policy Press, Chicago.
2. Marmot M (2020) Health equity in England: the Marmot review 10 years on. BMJ; 368:m693 doi:10.1136/bmj.m693
3. Public Health Nursing Services–Future Focus, CEL 13 (2013) Available at: http://www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/mels/CEL2013_13.pdf (Accessed: 19 Feb 2021).
4. NHS Scotland (2001) Nursing for Health: a review of the contributions of nurses, midwives and health visitors to improve the public’s health.
5. Scottish Government (2012) Getting it right for every child (Girfec). Available from: https://www.gov.scot/policies/girfec/ (Accessed: 19 Feb 2021).
6. Woodman K (2016) NHS Health Scotland. Evidence briefing in support of the Universal Health Visiting Pathway. Edinburgh: NHS Health Scotland; Available from: http://www.healthscotland.com/documents/27638.aspx. (Accessed: 19 Feb 2021).
7. 500 new health visitors. Available: https://www.wired-gov.net/wg/news.nsf/articles/500+new+health+visitors+19062014163000?open (Accessed: 12 May 2021).
8. NHS Scotland Workforce https://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Workforce/Publications/2019-06-04/2019-06-04-Workforce-Report.pdf
9. Universal Health Visiting Pathway in Scotland: pre-birth to pre-school, Available https://www.gov.scot/publications/universal-health-visiting-pathway-scotland-pre-birth-pre-school/ (Accessed: 12 May 2021).
10. Health and Social Care Delivery Plan. Available: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0051/00511950.pdf (Accessed: 12 May 2021).
11. Doi L, Morrison K, Astbury R, et al (2020) Study protocol: a mixed-methods realist evaluation of the Universal Health Visiting Pathway in Scotland BMJ Open; 10:e042305. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-042305
12. Pawson R, Tilley N (1997) Realistic evaluation. London: Sage.
13. Doi L, Jepson R, Hardie S. (2015) A realist evaluation of the enhanced health visiting service in NHS Ayrshire and Arran. Edinburgh: Scottish Government.
14. Evaluability assessment of the enhanced health visiting pathway in Scotland. Available: http://www.healthscotland.com/documents/28090.aspx (Accessed: 12 May 2021).
15. Williams L, Rycroft-Malone J, Burton CR. (2017) Bringing critical realism to nursing practice: Roy Bhaskar’s contribution. Nursing Philosophy ;18:e12130. doi:10.1111/nup.12130
16. Doi L, Jepson R, Hardie S (2017) Realist evaluation of an enhanced health visiting programme. PLoS One; 12:e0180569. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0180569
17. Greenhalgh T, Humphrey C, Hughes J, et al (2009) How do you Modernize a health service? A realist evaluation of Whole-Scale transformation in London. Milbank Q; 87:391–416.doi:10.1111/j.1468-0009.2009.00562.x
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback