1. The Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES) and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Link to IPBES global assessment (2019): https://ipbes.net/global-assessment-report-biodiversity-ecosystem-services. Link to IPCC special report on global warming of 1.5°C (2018): https://www.ipcc.ch/sr15/
4. Strategic priorities are set out in The European Union's Strategic Agenda 2020-2024: Scotland's Perspective https://www.gov.scot/publications/european-unions-strategic-agenda-2020-24-scotlands-perspective/
5. Source: https://showyourstripes.info/; Ed Hawkins.
11. Review processes include the forthcoming updates to the Climate Change Plan and Cleaner Air for Scotland Strategy, and Scotland's response to the post-2020 global biodiversity framework.
16. https://humanrightsleadership.scot/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/First-Ministers-Advisory-Group-on-Human-Rights-Leadership-Final-report-for-publication.pdf This overall right is proposed to include the right of everyone to benefit from healthy ecosystems which sustain human wellbeing as well the rights of access to information, participation in decision-making and access to justice.
17. Also described as 'nature's contributions to people', as summarised in Box A.
36. At this stage in the development of the Environment Strategy, we will develop and consult on an Environmental Assessment, to describe and test the effect of the vision and outcomes on the environment, through the influence on other strategies and in the development of outcome pathways. We shall also carry out other Impact Assessments of the Strategy.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback