Diversity in the teaching profession: annual data report – May 2022
Second edition of an annual publication which aims to gather and share data relating to the diversity of the teaching profession in order to inform and evaluate future work.
1. Teaching in a diverse Scotland: increasing and retaining minority ethnic teachers
2. Race Equality Framework & Action Plan
3. In 2011 Census, 84% of Scotland's population reported their ethnicity as "White Scottish" and a further 8% as "White: Other British". Minority ethnic groups accounted for 4% of the population. The 4% population figure does not include Irish, White: Polish, White: Gypsy/Traveller and "White: Other white"
4. Teaching in a Diverse Scotland: Increasing and Retaining Minority Ethnic Teachers – 3 years on : Progress and Final Report (www.gov.scot)
5. School education statistics
6. The exact proportion needed to meet the target will depend on the total number of new teachers recruited and change in size of the overall teacher population.
8. A Fairer, Greener Scotland: Programme for Government 2021-22
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback