Table 1 Summary of known action, 2002-03 to 2011-127
|Crimes and offences recorded by the police|
|Crimes and offences cleared up by the police|
|Anti-social behaviour fixed penalty notices||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||48||61||54||54|
|Formal adult warnings||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||8||8||8||8|
|Other police warnings||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||5||5||4||5|
|Crimes and offences dealt with by:|
|Offence referrals to Reporter to Children's Panel 1||30||34||36||38||36||31||26||23||18||13|
|Procurator Fiscal action|
|Total criminal reports received (COPFS cases)||290||307||309||320||316||307||285||276||266||276|
|Fiscal fines (CHS people)3,4||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||38||36||36||42|
|Fiscal fines (COPFS cases)2,4||24||30||23||18||21||19||37||34||33||41|
|Fiscal fixed penalties (CHS people)3||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||18||19||20||21|
|Fiscal fixed penalties (COPFS cases)2||6||9||10||10||14||15||20||18||20||21|
|Compensation orders (CHS people)3,4||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||2||2||2||1|
|Compensation orders (COPFS cases)2,4||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||2||2||2||1|
|Combined Fiscal Fines/Compensation Orders (CHS people)3,4||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1||2||2||3|
|Combined Fiscal Fines/Compensation Orders (COPFS cases)2,4||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||1||2||2||3|
|Fiscal warnings (COPFS cases)||16||22||32||33||27||25||15||14||13||12|
|No action (COPFS cases)||51||44||61||49||44||44||32||30||29||32|
|Other non-court disposals5||10||13||11||11||12||10||9||8||8||8|
|People proceeded against in court||133||142||144||142||150||149||141||137||130||125|
1. Includes referrals from the procurator fiscal; a referral may relate to more than one offence.
2. Includes reports from the police and other specialist reporting agencies, eg: TV licensing
3. Number of people with main penalty, from CHS. The combined number of fiscal fines and fixed penalties is underestimated by around 2,700 in 2008-09 and 500 in 2009-10.
4. Figures relate to cases which were closed as offer paid/accepted/deemed accepted.
5. Number of cases of highest disposal, from COPFS website.
6. Includes cases diverted from prosecution, e.g. to the children's reporter, cases transferred within COPFS and cases rolled up with other ongoing cases.
7. Following a user consultation, data for police conditional offers (motor vehicle offences) have been removed from this table. Details of the consultation can be found at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Crime-Justice/scotstatcrime/StakeCon/CrimProcCon
Email: Howard Hooper
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback