Civil justice statistics in Scotland: 2018-2019
The 2018-2019 civil justice statistics in Scotland release includes main statistics tables, figures and supplementary statistics tables.
This document is part of a collection
Table 15: Personal injury cases1 initiated and disposed2 of in the Court of Session3, 2018-19
|Absolvitor||Dismissed||For pursuer||Expenses only||Other|
|Road traffic accident||114||106||73||3||1||24||0||1||0||4|
|Accident at work4||106||110||81||0||1||25||1||0||0||2|
1. These statistics relate to cases that use personal injury procedure and standard ordinary cause procedure.
2. Figures for initiations and disposals do not necessarily refer to the same cases.
3. First instance business only – excludes appeals and reclaiming motions.
4. Accident at work includes vibration white finger and repetitive strain injury.
5. Asbestos includes all asbestos related conditions like asbestosis, pleural plaques, pleural thickening and mesothelioma.
6. Relative's claim is now included within 'Other'.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback