Civil justice statistics in Scotland: 2018-2019
The 2018-2019 civil justice statistics in Scotland release includes main statistics tables, figures and supplementary statistics tables.
This document is part of a collection
Table 8: Family-related summary application cases initiated and disposed of1,2, by case type and final disposal, 2018-19
|Extend/vary interim order4||3,113||941||851||83||2||5|
|Children’s hearings – appeal4||797||309||83||39||108||79|
|Children’s hearings – referral4||2,854||1,298||1,193||99||0||6|
|Children's Hearings Act 2011 - Other5||1,887||1,022||776||236||10||0|
|Permanence orders with authority to adopt||377||240||224||15||1||0|
1. Figures for initiations and disposals do not necessarily refer to the same cases.
2. The number of summary application cases disposed of is likely an underestimate. For more information see the Civil Justice Statistics in Scotland 2018-19 bulletin (section 4.4).
3. Adoption petitions include both family adoptions and adoptions from care. Statistics on adoptions from care are available from Children's Social Work Statistics additional tables (see www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Children/PubChildrenSocialWork).
4. These case types represent equivalent actions from the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and the Children's Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011. The statistics reported here differ from those reported by the Scottish Children’s Reporter Administration due to differences in definition and timing.
5. "Other" includes Child Protection Order, Child Support, Child Assessment Order as well as a range of miscellaneous cases.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback