1. As set by the Faculty of Public Health as the standard-setting body for public health practice in the UK.
2. Nurses: http://www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/explore-by-career/nursing/pay-for-nurses/;
Environmental Health Officers: http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Environmental_Health_Officer/Salary, http://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/node/20268,
Academics: average professorial salary https://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/features/times-higher-education-pay-survey-2015/2019360.article, http://www.prospects.ac.uk/higher_education_lecturer_salary.htm.
NHS staff costs: http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Finance/Costs/ and average employer costs for public health medics in Scotland data source 2013/14 NHS pay bill file extract in ISD
3. NHS staff costs http://www.isdscotland.org/Health-Topics/Finance/Costs/ Table R100.
4. Scottish Draft Budget 2015-16: Table 4.03
5. Scottish Draft Budget 2015-16: Table 4.03
6. Health and Social Care Leadership Advisory Board, The National Leadership Unit (NLU) in NES, Scottish Leaders Forum (SLF)
Email: Gareth Brown