Our main objective is to prevent the introduction and spread of listed and emerging fish and shellfish diseases in Scotland. We do this by undertaking statutory inspection and sampling programmes, providing advice to stakeholders and implementing regulatory functions in accordance with the current aquaculture and aquatic animals health regulations.
- Publication of Fish Health Inspectorate Information
- Registers of Authorised Aquaculture Production Businesses and Authorised Processing Establishments
- Confirmed Designation Notices
- Fish and shellfish movement restrictions: maps of designated areas
Find out more on www2.gov.scot:
- Service Charter
- Diseases of Fish, Crustaceans & Molluscs
- Biosecurity & Disinfection
- Health Status of Fish and Shellfish Diseases
- Movement Restrictions on Fish and Shellfish
- Importing and Exporting Fish & Shellfish
- Authorisation and Registration
- Disease Management Areas
- Production Surveys
- Publication of FHI Information
- Surveillance Programme
- What to Do in the Event of a Fish Farm Escape
Fish health inspectors are appointed by the Scottish Ministers to act as inspectors under the fish health legislation. Wherever possible, inspectors will advise and assist in compliance with the regulations.
Tel: +44 (0) 131 244 3498
|Fish Health Inspectorate
375 Victoria Road
If an urgent matter related to the issues listed above arises outside normal office hours, you can telephone the On Call Inspector for assistance on +44 (0)131 244 1833.