Our digital strategy, Realising Scotland's full potential in a digital world, sets out how we will make sure that digital is at the heart of everything we do – how we deliver economic growth, reform our public services, and prepare our children for the workplace of the future.
We have also published an evidence paper to accompany our digital strategy. It summarises the links between digital, economic productivity and inclusion. The paper also analyses Scotland's digital performance over time and in an international context.
We are implementing our digital strategy by:
- offering digital support for businesses to help them become internationally competitive
- supporting digital transformation by delivering public services that meet the needs of the public
- making sure we are well positioned to support change and innovation through the effective use of data
- develop a robust, secure and trustworthy digital identity mechanism so that an individual can demonstrate their identity online
- developing standards and assurances that will help others meet digital best practice standards
- improving and extending our broadband and mobile networks to benefit communities and businesses across Scotland
- increasing digital participation by helping communities develop digital skills and confidence
- making sure Scotland is a world leader in cyber resilience, with a global reputation for being a secure place to work, learn and do business
- introducing the Digital, Data and Technology profession in the Scottish Government and striving to attract, recruit and retain diverse talent in our digital workforce
- using data linkage to realise the value of existing data
- supporting the delivery of services with our Cloud first programme
Realising Scotland’s full potential in a digital world replaces Scotland's digital future: a strategy for Scotland. It was originally published in 2011 based on the recommendations in the:
Bills and legislation
The Legislation and Regulation Catalogue provides guidance on legislation that applies to the delivery of digital services and is regularly reviewed and updated.
For general enquiries please contact: email@example.com
For enquiries relating to broadband, please complete the online form at: superfast broadband enquiries