1. Details on the Randall definition are here: http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2009/08/07115535/14.
2. Larger Cities: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee
3. Urban with Substantial Rural: East Dunbartonshire, East Renfrewshire, Falkirk, Fife, Inverclyde, Midlothian, North Ayrshire, North Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire, Stirling, West Dunbartonshire, West Lothian
4. Mainly Rural: Aberdeenshire, Angus, Clackmannanshire, Dumfries & Galloway, East Ayrshire, East Lothian, Highland, Moray, Perth & Kinross, Scottish Borders, South Ayrshire
5. Islands & Remote: Na h-Eileanan Siar, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, Argyll & Bute
6. 'Other activities' consists of: 'Professional, scientific and technical activities', 'Administrative and support service activities' and 'Arts, entertainment and recreation; Other service activities'.
7. There are also further exclusions around certain types of non- VAT registered businesses, and clearly GVA must not be conflated with turnover.
8. The ONS statistics for agriculture are different to that in Agriculture in the UK but the overall picture does not change greatly. Oil and Gas has been excluded because of its extremely high GVA per head.
9. The Minimum Income Standard for Remote Rural Scotland report was produced for HIE in 2017 and is available here: http://www.hie.co.uk/regional-information/economic-reports-and-research/archive/a-minimum-income-standard-for-remote-rural-scotland.html
10. Employees on adult rates whose pay for the survey pay-period was not affected by absence.
11. Employees on adult rates who have been in the same job for more than a year
12. Households were allowed to select multiple answers. As a result percentages can sum to more than 100%.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback