Summary Statistics for Follow-Up Leaver Destinations, No. 3: 2021 Edition
This annual National Statistics publication:
- Provides information on the follow-up destinations of school leavers in Scotland.
- Covers all 2019/20 school leavers from publicly funded mainstream schools.
Follow-up destinations relate to outcomes approximately nine months after the end of the school year and the figures for the 2019/20 school leaver cohort relate to statuses recorded as at April 2021. These statistics will therefore be affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Further information can be found in section 1.1.
Full results are available from the supplementary tables (see supporting files).
- The percentage of school leavers in positive destinations and other destinations.
92.2% of all 2019/20 school leavers were in a 7.8% positive follow-up destination.
down from 92.9% in 2018/19.
- The percentage of school leavers in each positive destination.
42.9% of 2019/20 leavers were in Higher Education.
up from 38.4% in 2018/19
23.6% of the 2019/20 leavers were in Further Education.
up from 23.3% in 2018/19
21.3% of 2019/20 leavers were in Employment.
down from 28.0% in 2018/19
- The percentage of school leavers whose follow-up destination was the same as their initial destination.
In 2019/20, 95.7% of leavers in a positive initial destination were also in a positive follow-up destination, although some of them will have moved from one positive destination to another.
96.0% of leavers whose initial destination was Higher Education were also in Higher Education for their follow-up destination.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback