3. Our Objectives
In responding to these strategic drivers of the research programme, we will work to the following objectives:
- We will refresh the research programme to ensure that it better captures new and growing policy priorities.
- We will continue to support the underpinning research capacity, the platform of skilled and connected researchers, data and infrastructure upon which more responsive research can be developed.
- We will provide the Scottish Government with greater flexibility to respond to emerging needs, through more short-term, responsive research.
- We will access the best research available by engaging a wider range of research providers, by collaborating with other funders, and by fostering an interdisciplinary approach.
- We will maximise the impact of our research through engagement with stakeholders and horizon scanning.
- We will update our funding and governance mechanisms, to ensure that they support these objectives throughout the funding cycle.