Appendix E Business plan contents
The table below identifies and describes the key sections of the
|Sections and components
|State Aid and regulatory clearance
- Progress on State Aid Clearance for market
- Progress on regulatory clearance – work through
necessary asset clearance with Financial Conduct
Authority with the
|Operating model and legal entity
- Building on work by the Scottish Government, further
work on the Bank’s operating model and organisation
structure, including establishment of any necessary
subsidiaries, their staffing and purpose.
- The existing landscape element to identify how
current activity will be encompassed within the Bank
- The Bank’s recruitment needs and a recruitment
plan, remuneration policies and structures.
- Identification of temporary premises for newly
appointed Management Team as well as permanent premises
for when wider team is employed.
- Initial suite of products/funds and investment
activity that the bank would operate in order to respond
Strategic Framework for the Bank.
- Target firms for these products and how the bank
would find customers and how investments would be made,
including investment through funds and other financial
- What structures and staff are necessary within the
Bank to support these activities.
- Strategy for establishing portfolio of assets via the
products set out above and expected returns and profile
- Profile of investment and fit with budgetary support
from the Scottish Government.
- Asset management strategy including management and
sale of equity investments/fund investments and recycling
- Incorporation of any legacy assets and legacy funds
or investment programmes, and plans for how these would
be accounted for in the Bank.
- Financial controls and systems necessary for making
investments and handling of returns including from debt
- Identification of suitable systems and applications
to support investment/asset management.
- The process for becoming ‘
IT ready’, e.g., set up of email
domains and procurement of necessary systems in other
|Risk management and compliance
- Consideration of risk management and compliance
frameworks, systems and controls, as well as identifying
- Consideration should also be given to how data will
- Strategy for staffing the Bank, including what staff
are necessary, remuneration and conditions, fit with
- On-going development of staff as the Bank is
- Practical considerations for staff – location,
IT, pension arrangements, etc.
|Monitoring and reporting
- Identification of key performance indicators and
governance/reporting, both internally and
- How the report and relationship will work with the
Advisory Board and Scottish Government, including any
data sharing and confidentiality agreements