1. For more information on late collections of Council Tax please see the Council Tax Collection Statistics 2012 publication, http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Local-Government-Finance/PubScottishCounTaxStats
2. Statistics on revaluation appeals are published quarterly in the Non-Domestic Rates Revaluation Appeal Statistics publication.
3. Since 2007-08, Scottish Ministers have committed to equalisation of the Scottish poundage rate with that of England.
4. More information on NDR relief can be found on the Scottish Government Website at: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Government/local-government/17999/11199
5. Details of the qualifying RV thresholds and percentage of relief offered for each year of the SBRRS and SBBS schemes are available here: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Government/local-government/17999/11199/Scheme
6. A Business Rates Incentivisation Scheme (BRIS) was introduced from April 2012 to incentivise Councils to maximise existing business rates income and attract new economic growth by allowing all authorities that exceed their annual business rates target to retain 50% of any additional income for the revaluation period.
Email: Bruce Golding
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback