Scottish Health Survey - topic report: equality groups
Topic report in the Scottish Health Survey series providing breakdowns of key health behaviours and outcomes by gender, age, ethnic group, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
This document is part of a collection
References and Notes for Section Two
1. Idler, EL. And Benyamini, Y. (1997). Self-rated health and mortality: a review of twenty-seven community studies. Journal of Health and Social Behaviour. 38 (1), 21-37.
2. See www.scotland.gov.uk/About/Performance/scotPerforms/indicator/generalhealth
3. The briefing paper on the development of WEWMBS is available online from: www.wellscotland.info/about/indicators/wemwbs/index.aspx
4. Stewart-Brown, S. and Janmohamed, K. (2008). Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-being Scale (WEMWBS). User Guide Version 1. Warwick and Edinburgh: University of Warwick and NHS Health Scotland
5. See www.scotland.gov.uk/About/Performance/scotPerforms/indicator/wellbeing
6. Goldberg, D. and Williams, P.A. (1988). Users' Guide to the General Health Questionnaire. Windsor: NFER-Nelson.
7. Russ. C.T., Stamatakis, E., Hamer, M., Starr, J.M., Kivimäki M. and Batty, G.D. (2012) BMJ Association between psychological distress and mortality: individual participant pooled analysis of 10 prospective cohort studies. 345:e4933 http://www.bmj.com/content/345/bmj.e4933
8. Bromley, C. and Given, L. (eds.).(2011) The Scottish Health Survey 2010 Main Report. Edinburgh: The Scottish Government. http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/09/27084018/0
9. Schneider, U., Pfarr C., Schneider, B.S. and Volker Ulrich (2012) I feel good! Gender differences and heterogeneity in self-assessed health The European Journal of Health Economics
Volume 13, Number 3: 251-265
10. Blanchflower, DG and Oswald, AJ. (2007) Is well-being U-shaped over the life cycle? Working paper. Coventry: University of Warwich, Department of Economics.
11. How fair is Britain? Equality, Human Rights and Good Relations in 2010. The Triennial Review. Equality and Human Rights Commission. http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/key-projects/how-fair-is-britain/full-report-and-evidence-downloads/
12. Krause, N. (2011) Religion and Health: Making Sense of a Dishevelled Literature. Journal of Religion and Health. 50: 20-35
Email: Julie Ramsay
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback