3. Summary of the strategy aims
The top 10 aims of this strategy are that by 2026:
- The SALFS partnership will have equipped 1 million people in Scotland with CPR skills.
- All school aged children in Scotland will have the opportunity to be equipped with CPR skills.
- We will target our work to address key inequalities in OHCA outcomes.
- Bystander CPR rates will be increased to 85%.
- Public Access Defibrillators will be placed optimally and be as accessible as possible.
- 20% of all OHCAs will have a defibrillator applied before the arrival of ambulance service.
- Survival from OHCA will increase to 15%.
- All individuals who are affected by OHCA will be offered support afterwards.
- We will address the challenge of timely communication of anticipatory care plans and decision support for front line ambulance service crews.
- We will use data to understand and address variation and seek innovative ways to improve outcomes after OHCA.