Right Care Right Place: guidance
This time of year puts more pressure on our health and social care services, but we can all help by getting the care we need in the right place. This guide helps explain which NHS service to use for different health concerns, and how to look after your health and the people you care for.
Right Care, Right Place - A guide to NHS Scotland services
Winter is the busiest time for Scotland's NHS and social care services. The demand is even greater this year due to the pandemic, so you may experience some disruption. However, we can all do our bit to reduce the pressure by seeking the right care in the right place for our health and social care needs.
This guide will help explain which NHS service to use for different health concerns, and how to look after your health and the people you care for this winter.
Taking steps to protect yourself and others will help prevent illness and reduce the burden on our NHS services. Here's what you can do:
- Ensure your COVID-19 vaccinations are up to date and come forward for your booster vaccine when invited. If you are pregnant getting the vaccine is strongly recommended.
- Flu is serious so get your free flu vaccination if you are eligible.
- Self-isolate immediately and book a test if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Wear a face covering where required and maintain a safe distance from others.
- Keep windows or doors open when meeting others inside.
- Take regular lateral flow tests to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 to others.
- Continue to attend any routine health appointments such as screening services.
A little preparation now will also help you cope better if you do become ill:
- Make sure repeat prescriptions are up to date.
- Keep some cold and flu remedies in your home.
- Make sure you are registered with a local General Practice and Dental Practice. Find out how at NHSinform.scot.
For more information on COVID-19 or flu vaccinations and how to get them, visit NHSinform.scot or call 0800 030 8013 between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback