Who Can Apply?
Your community must form a community body to apply for consent to purchase land. This must either be a:
- Company limited by guarantee;
- Scottish charitable incorporated organisation;
- Community benefit society; or a
- Body corporate (only if you plan to nominate a third party purchaser).
Your community body must comply with the relevant requirements of Section 49 of the Act.
Along with other requirements of section 49 of the Act, the community body must (for example):
- be controlled by members of the community;
- be defined geographically;
- meet the requirements for defining your community as set out in section 49 of the Act; and
- ensure its main purpose is consistent with furthering the achievement of sustainable development.
Scottish Ministers must have given written confirmation that the main purpose of the community body is consistent with furthering the achievement of sustainable development, before the community body can apply for consent to purchase the land under the Act.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback