1. Reference Alan McGregor and Ewart Keep
2. Response from members of the Strategic Board to the Advisory Group on Economic Recovery consultation can be found here: https://www.gov.scot/publications/initial-submissions-supporting-the-advisory-group-on-economic-recovery-report-june-2020/
5. Professor Alan McGregor, University of Glasgow, and Professor Ewart Keep, University of Oxford.
9. Labour Force Survey, 2019.
10. Scotland's Labour Market: People, Places, and Regions - Statistics from the Annual Population Survey 2019
11. Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings, 2019.
12. Scottish Government (2019), 'Just Transition Commission: Background report'.
14. National Performance Framework: Skills underutilisation, 2020.
15. ONS, Annual Population Survey, Jan-Dec 2019
16. Scotland's place in Europe: people, jobs and investment, 2018.
17. Source for data on non-agricultural seasonal migrant workers: Fraser of Allander Institute, 2020. Non-Agricultural Seasonal Workers in Urban and Rural Scotland.
18. Annual Population Survey, 2019.
19. Employer skills survey 2017: UK findings
20. Skills Development Scotland (2019), 'RSA Data Matrix'.
21. Skills Development Scotland (2017), 'Job and Skills in Scotland: the evidence', page 15.
22. Scottish Government (2020) Economic Impact of Coronavirus Led Labour Market Effects on Individuals and Households
23. This result is from the Labour Force Survey (LFS). Due to the relatively small sample size and subsequent sampling variability, the figure should be used with caution. The Annual Population Survey is the official source by age, although the LFS is designated Official Statistics and more up-to-date. The Annual Population Survey is currently only for the period Apr 19-Mar 20.
24. Labour market monthly briefing: June 2020
25. See The Resolution Foundation (2020) Class of 2020
26. State of the Economy: April 2020
27. ONS Business Impact of Covid-19 Survey Wave 5, 4 to 17 May-Proportion Working Arrangements
28. ONS Business Impact of Covid-19 Survey Wave 6
29. State of The Economy: April 2020 page 17
30. Monthly Business Turnover Index, March 2020
31. ONS Business Impact of Covid-19 Survey Wave 4 20 April to 3 May-Cash Flow
32. Card, Kluve and Weber (2015). 'What works? A Meta-Analysis of Recent Labor Market Program Evaluations.' IZA Discussion Paper No. 9236
33. Yeyati, Montane, Sartorio (2019). 'What works for Active Labor Market Policies?' CID Faculty Working Paper No. 358.
34. Petrie, Shepherd, 2020. 'A new safety net: Guaranteeing jobs and training after the crisis'. Social Market Foundation.
35. Martin, 2015. 'Activation and active labour market policies in OECD countries: stylised facts and evidence on their effectiveness'. IZA Journal of Labor Policy.
36. SCQF 1-6 is broadly similar to FE and SCQF 7+ is broadly similar to HE; Note 2: Looking at confirmed destinations only