Key Milestones in Cancer Services Response and Recovery
- 11th - NHS Boards were instructed that vital cancer services remain open.
- 18th - The Cancer Treatment Response Group convened.
- 20th - the National COVID-10 advice for cancer patients was published.
- 25th - Cancer Clinical Management guidelines were provided to Boards.
- 30th - National Screening Programmes were paused.
- 8th - Interim Governance for cancer medicines were published.
- 24th - the NHS is Open campaign is launched and we began the use of private sector hospitals to deliver care in a COVID-19 free environment.
- 4th - interim guidance on restating therapy in COVID-19 positive patients was published.
- 31st - the Re-mobilise, Recover and Re-design Framework was published and an update to cancer patient leaflets was completed.
- 4th - the surgical prioritisation framework was published.
- 5th - the National Cancer Recovery Group was convened, and on the 9th advice on 15 new treatment options was published.
- 2nd - Clinical guidance for Endoscopy was published to support resumption of services.
- 8th - the roll out of weekly staff testing in cancer services began.
- 15th - guidance was published on the management of urgent suspicion of lung cancer.
- 23rd - shielding guidance was paused.