Reconviction Rates in Scotland: 2009-10 Offender Cohort
Analysis of one year reconviction rates for the cohort of offenders released from a custodial sentence or receiving a non-custodial disposal in 2009-10
This document is part of a collection
Table 13 One year reconviction frequency rates and one year reconviction rates, by CJA and LA: 2009-10 cohort
|Community Justice Authority||Local Authority(2)||Number of offenders||Reconviction rate(3)||Reconviction frequency rate(3)|
|Fife & Forth Valley||All||5,267||30.5||53.4|
|North and South Lanarkshire(6)||4,909||30.5||52.4|
|Lothian & Borders||All||6,785||27.1||48.7|
|Edinburgh and Midlothian(7)||4,362||27.9||52.2|
|Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire(8)||3,753||31.1||59.3|
|Argyll & Bute||538||29.0||44.1|
|East and West Dunbartonshire(10)||1,274||32.3||61.1|
|East Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire(11)||1,680||28.6||49.7|
|South West Scotland||All||5,832||29.4||50.3|
|Dumfries & Galloway||1,382||27.8||48.8|
|East, North and South Ayrshire(12)||4,450||29.9||50.7|
|Perth & Kinross||911||28.5||48.6|
1. The number of offenders that are reconvicted, and the number of reconvictions, are omitted from the bulletin for clarity. They are included in the additional datasets which accompany this bulletin.
2. Approximate areas are based on the court of the offenders index conviction. Some Sheriff Court boundaries include more than one local authority area.
3. The definition of reconviction frequency rate and reconviction rate is described in section 12.2.1
4. Includes High Court and Remit to High Court.
5. Includes the Stipendiary Magistrates court.
6. North and South Lanarkshire (Airdrie, Hamilton and Lanark Sheriff Courts).
7. City of Edinburgh and Midlothian (Edinburgh Sheriff Court).
8. Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire (Aberdeen, Banff, Stonehaven and Peterhead Sheriff Courts).
9. Parts of East Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute are also served by Glasgow Sheriff Court as well as the Sheriff Courts in North Strathclyde. However, since this analysis is based on an approximation of court areas, East Dunbartonshire and Argyll & Bute have been included with North Strathclyde whilst Glasgow Sheriff Court is included with Glasgow CJA area.
10. East and West Dunbartonshire (Dumbarton Sheriff Court).
11. Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire (Paisley Sheriff Court).
12. East, North and South Ayrshire (Kilmarnock and Ayr Sheriff Courts).
13. In 2009-10, there were 104 offenders who were seen in the domestic abuse court. These have not been asigned to an approximate area.
Email: Howard Hooper
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback