Table 10: Devolved civil service employment; Scotland, Full-time equivalent
Not Seasonally Adjusted
|Devolved Civil Service|
|Total Devolved Civil Service 3,4||Scottish Government Core Directorates (excluding Agencies)||Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal||Scottish Government Agencies 2,3||Non-Ministerial Departments 5|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
1. Employment figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred. Change on year rounded to the nearest ten. Percentages are based on unrounded figures. Totals may not equal the sum of individual parts due to rounding.
2. From Q4 2011, NHS has responsibility for employing Healthcare staff within prisons. Previously, these people were employed directly by the Scottish Prison Service ( SPS). In Q2 2012 1,491 & 1062.1 FTE / headcount staff transferred from Highland Council to NHS Highland.
3. Historic Scotland is no longer part of the Civil Service (Q4 2015). Historic Scotland merged with the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland to become Historic Environment Scotland, a non-departmental public body.
4. From Q1 2015, Revenue Scotland (new body established on 1st January 2015) has been included as part of the devolved civil service. From Q2 2015, Food Standards Scotland (new body as of 1st April 2015) has been included as part of the devolved civil service. Therefore, Food Standards Agency is no longer included in the reserved civil service.
5. From Q2 2017, the Non-Ministerial Departments figures include the Scottish Fiscal Commission.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback