The benefits for public bodies using the framework are:
- the award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
- the framework has access to a diverse range of transactional products and associated services at market leading prices on Lot 1
- the framework will deliver significant cash savings and environmental benefits, including a reduction in carbon emissions through the inclusion of latest environmental and energy efficiency certification
- the framework satisfies demand for new and emerging requirements through a process of continuous improvement, throughout the life of the agreement
- the framework provides one central point of ordering and contract management covering warranty, insurance and general supply enquiries
- the framework addresses the Scottish Government’s and Scottish public sector organisations’ aspirations with regard to ethical, social, economic, environmental and sustainability issues (see section below for further details)
Technology peripherals and infrastructure – Lot 1
The pricing is based on Computacenter UK’s cost price per item plus the “Mark-up percentage” plus the appropriate delivery charge for the option selected by the framework public body.
The framework will continue to leverage the total Scottish public sector spend, providing the opportunity to improve on discounts based on uptake and volume.
The framework will be available to all Scottish public sector contracting authorities, regardless of size or geographical location.
The framework will deliver against environmental objectives including reduced carbon footprint as a result of a reduction in the number and frequency of deliveries through consolidated ordering.
There is no requirement for further competition allowing procurement staff to focus on strategic priorities.
The framework will focus on the uptake and expansion of eCommerce capabilities to influence buying behaviour through the consolidation of orders and deliveries.
Computacenter can provide detailed management information which will be used to drive further efficiencies throughout the life of the framework.
Framework Sustainability Benefits
One of the key priorities for Scottish Procurement is to embed sustainability into all activities, so as part of this framework agreement Computacenter has committed to the following environmental, social and fair work benefits:
- maximising energy efficiency through the use of EPEAT and Energy Star certified products
- minimising waste and reducing the use and environmental impact of packaging
- minimising waste and supporting the transition to a circular economy through end of life initiatives to recover, refurbish and redeploy equipment
- reducing carbon and other greenhouse gases through order consolidation, improving delivery efficiency, reduction in vehicle mileage and use of electric vehicles
- minimising the use of hazardous materials and emissions
- operation of a WEEE compliant recycling services
- SME engagement in supply chain: Audio Visual and Video-Conferencing products will be delivered by a network of Scottish based SME partners
The following link provides further information on our approach to community benefits.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback