Annex A Tables
Notes on tables
72. The data presented in this publication are drawn from an administrative IT system. Although care is taken when processing and analysing the data, they are subject to the inaccuracies inherent in any large scale recording system. While the figures shown have been checked as far as practicable, they should be regarded as approximate and not necessarily accurate to the last whole number shown in the tables. They are also updated and quality assured on an on-going basis, and the figures shown here may therefore differ slightly from those published previously. Where substantive revisions have been made to improve the quality of the data, these will be indicated in the footnotes.
73. Where figures in the tables have been rounded to the nearest whole number, the rounded components do not always add to the totals, which are calculated and rounded independently. Please note that some percentages in the tables are based on very small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
74. Population figures exclude prisoners on early release such as home detention curfew, but include prisoners on temporary release such as extended home leave. Prisoners may be classified as unlawfully at large due to abscond (not returning from temporary release as scheduled), being subject to recall due to breach of home detention curfew conditions, or escape: unlawfully at large prisoners are currently included in the population counts.
75. The table on breaches of discipline and punishments in prison previously published in this bulletin is published in the Scottish Prison Service annual reports. These also include figures on the number of escapes and absconds during the year.
76. The following symbols are used throughout.
* Less than 0.5
n/a Not available/applicable
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback