(as at 1 July 2022)
- There were 254,170 non-zero-rated properties on the Valuation Roll. Most of these, 161,390 or 63%, received rates relief, to a total value of £730m, or 22% of the total gross bill for all properties (excluding designated utilities).
- 145,370 properties (57% of all properties) received 100% relief, with a total value of £593m.
- A total of 170,620 reliefs were in place. The total number of reliefs is larger than the total number of properties, because a single property can receive more than one relief.
- Three reliefs (Small Business Bonus Scheme, Charity (both mandatory and discretionary), and Empty Property reliefs and exemptions) accounted for 93% of the number of all reliefs awarded, and for 79% of the value of all reliefs awarded.
- The Small Business Bonus Scheme (SBBS) relief was awarded to 123,010 properties, of which 114,880 received 100% SBBS relief. A further 1,140 received SBBS combined with other reliefs, accounting for 100% of their gross bill.
- The total value of SBBS relief was £275m, which is 38% of the value of all reliefs.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback