Progress of the Strategy
Within the first 18 months of the Strategy 13 of the 40 actions are complete or nearly complete. The remainder are in progress, with only the review at the half way point of the strategy not yet underway. For example, this includes:
- Established the Distress Brief Intervention ( DBI) programme in four areas, with over one thousand people receiving an intervention.
- Published our 2018-19 Programme for Government, with a quarter of a billion pounds of additional investment in mental health, with a focus on CAMHS support in communities and schools.
- Announced a Children and Young People’s Mental Health Task Force, chaired by Dr Dame Denise Coia and supported by £5 million of additional funding.
- Established a Managed Clinical Network for perinatal mental health.
- Launched Transition Care Plans to help young people transitioning from CAMHS to adult mental health services.
- Launched a digital tool to support young people with eating disorders and their families.
- Rolled out computerised CBT across all Health Board areas in Scotland.
- Published the Suicide Prevention Action Plan which seeks to reduce suicides by 20%, supported by £3 million of funding and a new National Leadership Group.
- Established a Youth Commission on mental health.
- Launched a Quality Indicator profile to gather better mental health data.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback