1. A full account of costs relating to the "Let's Stop the Spike" media campaign ran by the Scottish Government, specifically the two videos published on the Scottish Government's YouTube channel titled:
"Take Two Tests Every Week"
"Stop the Spike"
2. Copies of the contracts or tenders in which any media companies services were procured by the Scottish Government for these productions.
3. Copies of the contracts or tenders in which these actor(s) services were procured by the Scottish Government for these productions.
4. Information in regard to the fees allocated to or charged by any media companies involved.
5. Information in regard to the fees allocated to or charged by the actor(s) involved.
6. Information related to any retainers paid to any media companies involved in these productions.
7. Information related to any retainers paid to the actor(s) in lieu of any future video campaign projects.
Take Two Tests
Stop The Spike
2. The campaign was developed by the Leith Agency who were appointed to provide creative services to the Scottish Government health portfolio in relation to marketing campaigns. Leith were appointed for an initial period of 12-months following a competitive tender process under the Creative Services Framework (https://www.gov.scot/publications/creative-services-framework/).
Media buying was delivered by Republic of Media who were appointed to provide media planning, buying and associated services to the Scottish Government health portfolio in relation to marketing campaigns. Republic of Media were appointed for an initial period of 12-months following a competitive tender process under the Media Planning, Buying and Associated Services Framework (https://www.gov.scot/publications/media-planning-buying-and-associated-services-2019-to-2023/).
3. There is no contract between the Scottish Government and actors featured. All matters relating to casting are managed through the Scottish Government’s appointed creative services agency and their appointed production company.
4. The costs for the campaign are outlined in response to point 1. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide the information you have requested because an exemption under section 33 of FOISA applies to that information as disclosure
would (or would be likely to) prejudice substantially the commercial interests of any person or organisation (section 33(1)(b)).
5. The Scottish Government does not hold information on fees paid to individual actors. The exception in this case relates to Stop The Spike. Ms Godley received a fee of £10,000 + VAT for participation in the campaign. This payment is in-line with the industry standard for such a high-profile campaign.
6-7. No retainer fees are paid.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback