Attend Anywhere / Near Me video consulting service evaluation 2019-2020: report
This report presents the findings of an external evaluation of the Attend Anywhere / Near Me video consultations service used across health and care services in Scotland
1. Greenhalgh, T., et al., Analysing the role of complexity in explaining the fortunes of technology programmes: empirical application of the NASSS framework. BMC Med, 2018. 16(1): p. 66.
2. Scottish Government: Technology Enabled Care (TEC) programme data review and evaluation: options study. May 2018:
3. Scottish Centre for Telehealth and Telecare. Attend Anywhere Progress Report (Jul 2019)
https://tec.scot/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Attend-Anywhere-review-2019-v10.pdf [accessed May 2020]
4. Scottish Government. eHealth Strategy 2008-2011. June 2008:
5. Scottish Government eHealth Strategy 2011-2017. Revised Nov 2012:
6. Scottish Government. Scotland's Digital Health and Care Strategy: enabling, connecting and empowering. Apr 2018:
7. Greenhalgh T, Shaw S, Wherton J, Vijayaraghavan S, Morris J, Bhattacharya, S et al. Video outpatient consultations: a case study of real-world implementation at macro, meso and micro level. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 2018, 20(4):e150.
8. May C, Finch T. Implementing, embedding, and integrating practices: an outline of normalization process theory. Sociology 2009;43(3):535-554.
9. Maniatopoulos G, Procter R, Llewellyn S, Harvey G, Boyd A. Moving beyond local practice: reconfiguring the adoption of a breast cancer diagnostic technology. Soc Sci Med 2015 Apr;131:98-106.
10. Greenhalgh T, Wherton J, Shaw S , et al. Infrastructure revisited: an ethnographic case study of how health information infrastructure shapes and constrains technological innovation. J Med Internet Res 2019;21:e16093
11. Shaw S, Wherton J, Vijayaraghavan S , et al. Advantages and limitations of virtual online consultations in a NHS acute trust: the VOCAL mixed-methods study. Health Serv Deliv Res 2018;6:1-136
12. Greenhalgh T. Role of routines in collaborative work in healthcare organisations. BMJ 2008;337:a2448.
13. Scottish Government. Protecting Scotland's Future. The Government's Programme for Scotland 2019-2020. Sep 2019:
14. Scottish Government. Healthcare waiting times: improvement plan. Oct 2018.
15. Scottish Government. Personalising Realistic Medicine: Chief Medical Officer for Scotland's Annual Report 2017-2018. Apr 2018.
16. Scottish Access Collaborative: Scottish Government: Health and Social Care Resources:
17. Scottish Government. National Islands Plan. Dec 2019:
18. Scottish Government. Growing the economy.
https://www.gov.scot/policies/economic-growth/inclusive-growth/ [accessed Mar 2020]
19. Scottish Government. Reaching 100%: superfast broadband for all. Aug 2019.
20. Ofcom. Connected Nations 2019: Scotland Report.
21. Abimbola S, et al. (2019) The medium, the message and the measure: a theory driven review on the value of telehealth as a patient-facing digital innovation. Health Economic Review, 9;21, doi.org/10.1186/s13561-019-0239-5
22. Alami H, et al. (2020). Rethinking the electronic health record through the quadruple am: time to align its value with the health system. BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, 20:32.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback