1. ClimateXChange (2016) The Effectiveness of Greenhouse Gas Emission Policies in Scottish Local Development Plans.
2. The 2009 Act is amended by the Climate Change (Emissions Reduction Targets) (Scotland) Act 2019, Sections 72 and 73 of the 2009 Act are unchanged
3. Section 3F: Greenhouse gas emissions policies, Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997.
4. Section 73: Annual report on operation of section 72, Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009.
5. Scottish Government (2019) Climate Change Act annual reports: 2016-2019.
6. Scottish Government (2018) Climate Change Plan: third report on proposals and policies 2018 – 2032 (RPP3).
7. Scottish Government (2019) Planning (Scotland) Act 2019, section 2 (4) (e).
8. The Infrastructure Investment Plan for Scotland
9. Scottish Government (2019) Climate Ready Scotland: climate change adaptation programme 2019-2024.
10. Strategic Transport Projects Review 2
11. Scottish Government (2019) The National Plan for Scotland's Islands.
12. Scottish Government (2017) The future of energy in Scotland: Scottish energy strategy.
13. Scottish Government (2017) Second Consultation on Local Heat & Energy Efficiency Strategies, and Regulation of District and Communal Heating.
14. Scottish Government (2019) Protecting Scotland's Future: the Government's Programme for Scotland 2019-2020.
15. Scottish Government (2016) Empowering planning to deliver great places: independent review report.
16. Scottish Government (2017) Places, People and Planning: consultation on the future of the Scottish planning system.
17. Scottish Government (2017) Places, People and Planning – Position Statement.
18. Scottish Government (2019) Planning (Scotland) Act 2019.
19. Transforming Planning website.
20. Development plan preparation: change in approach, Scottish Government, August 2016.
21. Development Plan Gateway (DPGW) – Service Standard, Scottish Government, August 2016.
22. Effectiveness of greenhouse gas emissions policies in local development plans, ClimateXChange, University of Dundee, March 2016.
23. Scottish Government (2017) Places, people and planning: consultation on the future of the Scottish planning system.
24. Scottish Government (2017) Planning Review: analysis of consultation responses.
25. This policy guidance is provided in non-statutory guidance so does not form part of the local development plan. It is included here for information only.
26. It is recognised that Building Standards are likely to change during the lifetime of this Plan. Therefore, the requirements are percentages of the Building Standard in operation at the time at which applications are being determined.