8. Consent Forms/Privacy Notices
8.1 Business Online Survey Privacy Notice
This privacy notice relates to businesses who fill in this business survey.
This privacy notice explains why the contracted independent team (EKOS Ltd) are asking for personal information from you, how this information will be used and how it will be protected. It also sets out your rights.
Why is this information being collected and what will it be used for?
Your information is being collected in relation to research into the Economic, Cultural and Social impact of Snowsports in Scotland that has been commissioned by the Scottish Government.
You are being asked personal details by EKOS to ensure that a cross-section of businesses within Scotland are included in survey responses, and to better understand levels of dependency and reliance on the mountain resorts for income.
Personal data can be collected and used in this way under the terms of data protection legislation in the UK, those of Articles 6(1)(e) and 9(2)(g) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act (2018).
What information is being collected?
This survey is administered through the online platform SNAP. Through completing this survey, we are provided with:
- Your IP address - which will be deleted as soon as we download the data from the software.
The information you are being asked to provide in this survey is:
- Name of your business.
- Local authority area in which the business is based.
- Number/breakdown of employees.
- Annual turnover.
- Proportion of income generated through snowsports and non-snowsports activities at the mountain resorts.
This may not always be direct personal information but may refer to an individual.
Who will have access to my personal information?
Only named individuals within EKOS who are directly involved in the project will have access to this information. Your information will not be given to Scottish Government and will be reported in aggregate form only.
How will your information be kept secure?
How long will it be kept for?
All digital files containing personal information will be deleted by EKOS once the research project has been concluded and the final report has been signed off by the Scottish Government. The contract end date is 31 August 2022.
What are your rights?
As set out in data protection legislation, you have the following rights:
1. The right to be informed of the collection, use, sharing and retention of your personal data.
2. The right of access to your personal information.
3. The right to have inaccurate personal information rectified or completed if it is incomplete.
4. The right to have your personal information erased in certain circumstances.
5. The right to restrict processing or the use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
6. The right to data portability i.e. to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes.
7. The right to object to the processing or use of your personal information in certain circumstances.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
How to contact us
If you want to know what information EKOS holds about you or to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact EKOS via email at email@example.com
What if I have concerns?
If you have concerns about how your personal data has been used, you can contact the Scottish Government's Data Protection Officer:Stuart Gardener
If you feel Scottish Government has not resolved your information rights concern, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), The ICO is the supervisory authority responsible for data protection in the UK.For further information, including independent data protection advice and information in relation to your rights, you can contact the information Commissioner at:The Information Commissioner
Tel: 08456 30 60 60.
Website: Information Commissioner
You can also report any concerns: Make a complaint
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback