Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund - year 1: projects awarded 2021 to 2022
List of projects awarded in 2021 to 2022, for the Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund.
In February 2021, the Scottish Government announced an additional £120 million for a Recovery and Renewal Fund to ensure the delivery of the commitments set out in the Mental Health Covid 19 Transition and Recovery Plan. As part of this, £15 million was used to initiate the Communities Mental Health and Wellbeing Fund for adults (the Fund) for 2021/22. This significant investment into community support for adults built upon the children and young people's community wellbeing supports that were also being rolled out across Scotland.
The £15 million Fund was launched on 15 October 2021 by the Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care.
Third Sector Interfaces (TSIs), who administered the fund in partnership with local planning partners and people with lived experience, made good progress with distributing funding to grassroots community organisations. The aim was to tackle social isolation and loneliness and address the mental health inequalities made worse by the pandemic.
In the light of the overwhelming response to the Fund, Scottish Ministers provided an additional £6 million, bringing the total funding to £21 million in 2021-22. This was announced in a Scottish Government press release on 25 February 2022 https://www.gov.scot/news/additional-funding-for-community-mental-health/
The following project information on the awards made was provided by TSIs in April 2022. Information on awards made in Year 2 of the Fund (2022/23) will be provided in due course.
Local Authority Area / Third Sector Interface organisations (TSI)
- Aberdeen City / Aberdeen Council of Voluntary Organisations
- Aberdeenshire / Aberdeenshire Voluntary Action
- Angus / Voluntary Action Angus
- Argyll and Bute / Argyll & Bute Third Sector Interface
- Dumfries and Galloway / Third Sector, Dumfries and Galloway
- Dundee / Dundee Voluntary Action and Volunteer Centre Dundee
- East Ayrshire / East Ayrshire Council of Voluntary Organisations
- East Dunbartonshire / East Dunbartonshire Voluntary Action
- East Lothian / Volunteer Centre East Lothian
- East Renfrewshire / Voluntary Action East Renfrewshire
- Edinburgh / Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations’ Council/Volunteer Edinburgh/Edinburgh Social Enterprise Network (ESEN)
- Falkirk / Council for Voluntary Sector, Falkirk
- Fife / Fife Voluntary Action
- Glasgow City * / Glasgow City Council for the Voluntary Sector
- Highland / Highland Third Sector Interface
- Inverclyde / Council for Voluntary Service, Inverclyde
- Midlothian / Midlothian Voluntary Action
- Moray / Third Sector Interface, Moray
- North Ayrshire * / Third Sector Interface North Ayrshire - Arran CVS/The Ayrshire Community Trust (TACT)
- North Lanarkshire / Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire
- Orkney Islands / Voluntary Action Orkney
- Perth and Kinross / Perth and Kinross Association of Voluntary Services
- Renfrewshire / Engage Renfrewshire
- Scottish Borders / Managed by Dumfries and Galloway TSI
- Shetland Islands / Voluntary Action Shetland
- South Ayrshire / Voluntary Action South Ayrshire
- South Lanarkshire / Voluntary Action South Lanarkshire
- Stirling and Clackmannanshire / Stirlingshire Voluntary Enterprise/Clackmannanshire Third Sector Interface (joint administration of Communities Fund)
- West Dunbartonshire / West Dunbartonshire CVS
- West Lothian / Voluntary Sector Gateway West Lothian
- Western Isles/Na h-Eileanan Siar / Third Sector Interface Western Isles
* Reported Funding includes matched funding awarded to the projects.
Contact details for individual TSIs can be found on the TSI Scotland Network website at TSI Directory – TSI Scotland Network .
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback