- 12 Dec 2018
Contract status: in progress
Dates of contract: 1 August 2019 to 1 August 2021 (with two optional 12 month extensions)
Category: ICT services and software - national
This cloud services framework will replace the current hosting services framework which expires in May 2019, and shall continue to support our digital strategy.
See the OJEU notice.
Suppliers wishing to participate should register on both Public Contracts Scotland and Public Contracts Scotland Tender systems.
Contracts will be awarded through call-offs by either direct award or mini competition, issued by Scottish public sector organisations through the framework.
What is in scope
Cloud services including:
- public cloud
cloud transition services
What is out of scope
- ICT products
direct purchase of software
purchase and maintenance of equipment
software as a service (SaaS)
fully managed IT services
creating and updating content
procurement of hardware
Who can use this
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector (voluntary organisations and charities registered in Scotland)
- other public bodies
Full details can be found on the OJEU notice.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use cloud services when it is available to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so. If there is any doubt, legal advice should be sought.
Benefits from this framework include:
- objectives include maximising efficiency and collaboration through aligning with the strategic priorities in Scotland’s Digital Future: Delivery of Public Services, delivery and demonstration of real cash savings, embedding sustainable procurement and improving access to public sector contracts
- all the cloud services will be delivered within the European economic area which meets the guidelines of the Data Protection Act 2018
- in addition the framework has the ability to meet cloud hosting requirements that are classified as secret and/or top secret
- small to medium enterprises - 50% of suppliers on the framework are classed as SMEs
- environmentally friendly. All suppliers have ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and deliver cloud services with a power usage effectiveness rating below 1.6
- cyber security is built in. All suppliers have third party cyber security accreditation
- all suppliers support our Fair Work initiatives, including paying above the Real Living Wage
- value for money savings
- CAE Technology Services
- Insight Direct UK
- Nigsun Limited
- NVT Group
- Proact IT UK
- Six Degrees
- Storm ID
- UK Cloud
A suppliers guide will be available in due course.
Guides for buyers and suppliers will be available in due course.