The role of the Cloud First programme is to encourage and support public sector bodies towards using cloud services and realise the benefits of cloud computing. The programme focusses on sharing both information and knowledge, which organisations can use when designing services in cloud.
There is great demand across the public sector for cloud services and organisations are already using a variety of platforms. We aim to influence organisations from a position of knowledge and to promote best practice across the public sector. The Cloud Centre of Excellence (CCoE) and a Cloud Community has been established across the public sector to enable this.
- establish and manage a cloud computing knowledge base and repository
- support public sector bodies towards using cloud services, realising the benefits of cloud in delivering public services and optimising cloud use and costs
- bring together public sector bodies to share knowledge to promote best practice and prevent the duplication of work.
You can use the following resources in the way that makes sense for you. However, we recommend you:
- read our Cloud Policy to ensure you understand the Scottish Government's position on cloud
- share our Cloud Primer to establish a baseline understanding of cloud across your organisation
- follow the Cloud Principles to guide consistent decision making and beneficial behaviours when adopting and using cloud services
- promote the Benefits of Cloud to help stakeholders understand the many benefits of using pubic cloud services.
For organisations who are ready to begin their cloud journey, the Cloud Preparation Plan provides guidance. For information on specific topics such as procurement, refer to the Cloud Framework.
- Cloud First Team
- Scottish Government Directorates
- Scottish Agencies and Non-Departmental Public Bodies
- Digital Office and Local Authorities
- Government Digital Service
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback