Responsibilities and functions
The Group will be committed to delivering its functions effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the purpose of the group.
Functions of group
- Provide independent oversight and strategic direction to the children’s services research project.
- Ensure and support effective delivery of the research project.
- Provide a forum for facilitated discussion between Group members and other relevant stakeholders, where appropriate.
- Ensure collaborative and joined-up approaches are taken to ensure existing data (within Scottish Government and externally) is utilised effectively.
- Identify and respond to risks to delivery of the research project.
- Consider and rectify issues which arise during the implementation and delivery of the research project.
- Provide regular monitoring and reporting updates, via the Chair, to Scottish Ministers and Scottish Parliament as required.
- Identify whether any interim findings could be disseminated to inform ongoing system development.
- Ensure that the final report of the research provides a reliable and valid set of findings to Scottish Ministers.
- Ensure effective interaction with other key governance groups, via the Chair, such as the Children and Families Collective Leadership Group.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback