Improving Management Practices
In Wave 64, the BICS asked businesses about improving their management practices – the specific question is shown below.
Management practices question: In which of the following ways, if any, is your business currently improving its management practices?
- conducts experimental changes
- consults employees about potential improvements
- consults managers in other organisations about potential improvements
- hires management consultants
- reads management literature
- receives formal training in person
- receives formal training online
- not sure
- not applicable
- business is not currently improving management practices
Figure 3: The most common ways that businesses reported improving their management practices were consulting employees about potential improvements (43.5%), and receiving formal training online (23.0%) and receiving formal training in person (22.3%).
Source: Office for National Statistics – BICS – Weighted Scotland Estimates – Wave 64
In Wave 64, businesses were also asked about the main challenge for improving the way their business is managed. An estimated 35.1% of businesses reported that they do not experience any challenges. A further 17.7% reported that lack of time to find relevant information or plan changes is the main challenge.
For enquiries about this publication please contact:
Business & Innovation Statistics
Office of the Chief Economic Adviser
For general enquiries about Scottish Government statistics please contact:
Office of the Chief Statistician
Telephone: 0131 244 0442
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback