1. Antonovsky, A. Unraveling The Mystery of Health - How People Manage Stress and Stay Well, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers, 1987
2. Antonovsky A. 1979 Health stress and coping Josey Bass San Francisco
3. Wilkinson, Richard G. and Marmot, M. G. (2003) Social determinants of health: the solid facts. World Health Organization, Geneva. ISBN 978-9289013710
4. Bisognano M, Kenney C. Pursuing the Triple Aim: Seven Innovators Show the Way to Better Care, Better Health, and Lower Costs. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass Publishers; 2012.
5. White B, and Ajetunmobi T. Still the sick man of Europe?
6. The Breakthrough Series: IHI's Collaborative Model for Achieving Breakthrough Improvement. IHI Innovation Series white paper. Boston: Institute for Healthcare Improvement; 2003. (Available on www.IHI.org)
7. Meltzer, H., Lader, D., Corbin, T., Goodman, R. and Ford, T. (2004) The mental health of young people looked after by local authorities in Scotland. Edinburgh: The Stationery Office
8. McCarthy, G., Janeway, J. and Geddes, A. (2003) 'The impact of emotional and behavioural problems on the lives of children growing up in the care system'. Adoption and Fostering, 27(3) pp. 14-18
9. Minnis, H., & Del Priori, C. (2001). Mental health services for looked after children: implications from two studies. Adoption & Fostering, 25(4), 27-38.
10. Scott, S., Hattie, R., and Tannahill, C. (2013) Looked After Children in Glasgow and Scotland: A Health Needs Assessment. ScotPHN.
(Available on www.scotphn.net/projects/previous_projects)
11. Prison statistics and population projections Scotland: 2011-12 (2012) www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2012/06/6972/0
12. Sapouna, Maria, Catherine Bisset, and Anne-Marie Conlong. "What Works to Reduce Reoffending: A Summary of the Evidence Justice Analytical Services Scottish Government." (2011).
Email: Diane Dempster