1. Questions 5, 6, 8, 9, 12 and 13 were open-ended; asking for comments.
2. Edinburgh (12 March 2019), Inverness (21 March 2019), and Perth (on 27 March 2019).
3. More detail about the approach to analysis is available in Appendix 1.
6. substances, energy, noise, radiation or waste, including radioactive waste, emissions, discharges and other releases into the environment
7. (including administrative measures), such as policies, legislation, plans, programmes, environmental agreements, and activities affecting or likely to affect the elements
8. including the contamination of the food chain, where relevant, conditions of human life, cultural sites and built structures inasmuch as they are or may be affected by the state of the elements of the environment referred to in paragraph (a) or, through those elements, by any of the matters referred to in paragraphs (b) and (c).