On 23 June 2016 the people of Scotland voted decisively to remain within the European Union (EU).
We continue to believe that staying in the EU is the best option for the whole of the UK and Scotland. Failing that, we believe the UK and Scotland must remain inside the Single Market and Customs Union.
This page brings together the various reports and key documents that we've published on Brexit.
Brexit Stakeholder Engagement Fund
On Europe Day 9 May 2018 The Minister for UK Negotiations on Scotland's Place in Europe, Michael Russell MSP, announced a new £150,000 Brexit Stakeholder Engagement Fund. The fund will help ensure that a range of voices can be heard to inform the Scottish Government's position in relation to EU exit.
Prepare for Brexit Campaign
A one-stop shop has been developed to help companies prepare for Brexit - whether or not they export and regardless of size or sector. It includes an online self-assessment tool as well as expert advice, events and workshops and financial support.
- Scotland's Place in Europe: assessment of UK Government's proposed future relationship with the EU
- Scotland's Place in Europe: science and research
- Scotland's Place in Europe: our way forward
- Scotland's Place in Europe: People, Jobs and Investment
- Protecting the rights of EU citizens: position paper
- Scotland's Place in Europe: security, judicial co-operation and law enforcement