Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) will positively promote and demonstrate commitment to enabling supported self management and self-directed support as determined by the needs and capacities of their service users.
Allied Health Professionals will work in partnership with service users to build capacity and facilitate access to services in their local communities.
Rationale: The Allied Health Professions are ideally placed to support self- management and person-centred care in the context of service user preference for efficient and effective service delivery.
Service users can expect Allied Health Professionals to work in partnership with them to enable access to services within health, social care and their local communities which will support them to self- direct and self- manage their health and social care needs.
- Quality Improvement Hub Person-Centred Health and Care Collaborative Programme.
- The Alliance: People Powered Health and Wellbeing.
- Social Care (Self-Directed Support) (Scotland) Act 2013.
- Rehabilitation, Re-ablement and Recovery SCSWIS (Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland) 2011.
- Right Here, Right Now - Taking co-production into the mainstream, NESTA 2010.
- LTCAS (now The Alliance) Gaun Yersel! The Self Management Strategy for long term conditions in Scotland, Scottish Government, 2008.
- Supporting people to self-manage; Education and training for Healthcare practitioners NES 2012. Supporting Self Management; Learning resource, NES 2012.
- Patient Rights (Scotland) Act 2011.
- Scottish Government Everyone Matters: 2020 Workforce Vision, 2013.
2020 Vision Quality outcomes - Positive experience, Independent living.
Email: Julie Townsend