Annex A – Guiding principles
The working group was instrumental in developing the policy's Guiding Principles, which all partners should consider when developing their delivery models. The guiding principles are:
- Protecting students' dignity, avoiding anxiety, embarrassment and stigma
- Making a range of products and different qualities available, giving students choice about the products they want to use;
- A response that is reflective of students' views and experiences;
- An efficient and dignified approach which demonstrates value for money;
- An offer for all eligible students throughout the year regardless of whether it is term time or holidays
- Ensuring sanitary products are easily accessible to meet individual needs;
- Individuals being able to get sufficient products to meet their needs;
- Gender equality, ensuring anyone who menstruates can access products, including transgender men/non-binary individuals, and that language is gender neutral. The roll out of gender neutral toilets should also be taken account of.
- Awareness raising and education to both promote the 'offer' and change cultural norms.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback