Staff pay remits
Our public sector pay policy for staff pay remits (within the public sector pay policy) sets the framework for public sector pay. It applies to staff in the Scottish Government and our associated departments, agencies, non-departmental public bodies (NDPBs), public corporations, and NHS Scotland senior management posts (grades A to C).
Public bodies determine the pay and conditions for their staff according to this policy.
Public bodies are provided with the necessary proforma and business case template that they will be required to submit to us when seeking approval of their proposals.
When required, the Scottish Government Remuneration Group considers and approves staff pay remit proposals.
Every year we publish new technical guidance to explain the terms used in the pay policy document and to assist public bodies with the completion of the financial proforma.
- technical guide for staff pay remits 2018 to 2019
- older technical guides for staff pay remits (archived).
Pay and benefits
We publish details of the latest pay and benefits within each public body subject to our public sector pay policy for staff pay remits.
The information is for those public bodies who have provided details following implementation of their annual pay settlement.
View the latest public sector pay data from January 2018.
The public sector pay policy for staff pay remits applies to the following organisations:
- Architecture and Design Scotland
- Bòrd na Gàidhlig
- Cairngorms National Park Authority
- Caledonian Maritime Assets Limited
- Care Inspectorate
- Children's Hearings Scotland
- Creative Scotland
- Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service
- Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (main staff and Dundee Airport Limited)
- Highlands and Islands Airports Limited (Airport Management Services Limited)
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Historic Environment Scotland
- Independent Living Fund
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority
- Mental Welfare Commission for Scotland
- National Galleries of Scotland
- National Library of Scotland
- National Museums Scotland
- NHS Scotland senior managers (grades A to C)
- Police Investigations and Review Commissioner
- Registers of Scotland
- Risk Management Authority
- Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh
- Scottish Canals
- Scottish Children's Reporter Administration
- Scottish Courts and Tribunals Service
- Scottish Criminal Cases Review Commission
- Scottish Enterprise
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency
- Scottish Funding Council
- Scottish Land Commission
- Scottish Legal Aid Board
- Scottish Legal Complaints Commission
- Scottish Natural Heritage
- Scottish Police Authority (staff only)
- Scottish Prison Service
- Scottish Qualifications Authority
- Scottish Social Services Council
- Scottish Water
- Skills Development Scotland
- Water Industry Commission for Scotland
Scottish Government Main Bargaining Unit, which also includes:
- Accountant in Bankruptcy
- Community Justice Scotland
- Disclosure Scotland
- Education Scotland
- Food Standards Scotland
- National Records of Scotland
- Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator
- Revenue Scotland
- Scottish Fiscal Commission
- Scottish Housing Regulator
- Scottish Public Pensions Agency
- Students Award Agency for Scotland
- Transport Scotland
Scottish Government Marine (off-shore) bargaining unit