We are providing a range of learning and care support for families with young children, from birth up until starting school, to ensure that all children get the best possible start in life.
We are supporting families by:
- improving early learning and childcare and increasing the free childcare from 600 hours to 1,140 hours per year by 2020
- sending 435 additional graduates to nurseries in Scotland’s poorest areas
- offering baby boxes filled with useful items to all babies born in Scotland
- funding the Bookbug programme to provide free books and learning sessions for young children
- publishing resources for parents such as Play, Talk, Read to help parents to interact with their children effectively
- running the Children and Young People Improvement Collaborative to improve services for children, young people and families
Our policies to support the education and care of young children are part of Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) - our national approach to improving outcomes and supporting the wellbeing of children and young people.
Email: Central Enquiries Unit firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0300 244 4000
Creating Positive Futures Division
Children and Families Directorate
Area 2C - North