Minister for Children, Young People and Keeping the Promise
Natalie Don was appointed as Minister for Children, Young People and Keeping the Promise in March 2023
Supports the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Skills.
Specific responsibilities are:
- The Promise - reports to the First Minister
- early years
- child protection
- adoption and fostering
- children's hearings
- children's rights
- children's services
- looked after children
- Disclosure Scotland
- protection of vulnerable groups
- play, including play parks
- outdoor learning
- children and young people with learning disabilities and/or autism
- Kinship Carers
- transitions for those with disablities and/or autism
- creating positive futures
- Bairn's Hoose (working jointly with the Cabinet Secretary for Justice and Home Affairs)
Natalie Don was born in Paisley and grew up in Bridge of Weir. Natalie attended Gryffe High School and then went on to study History at University of Glasgow.
Before and during her time at University, Natalie worked in a variety of sales roles working her way up to Manager of a local food retailer.
Natalie was elected as the Member of the Scottish Parliament for Renfrewshire North and West in 2021. Prior to this, she served as the Councillor for Bishopton, Bridge of Weir and Langbank.
- read more about Natalie Don on the Scottish Parliament website
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback