Commission for the Land-Based Learning Review
The Commission for the Land-based Learning Review (the Commission) is a group that has been established to provide independent, evidence based advice to Scottish Ministers.
The Commission is a short term advisory group that has been established to undertake a root and branch review of learning in Scotland’s land-based and aquaculture sectors - from early years to adulthood - to provide opportunities and qualifications through school, college, university and work-based learning, including apprenticeship, for more people, and specifically more women, to work with and on the land, particularly in green skills.
The work of the group will support the Scottish Government’s ambitions of delivering a just transition to net-zero, by ensuring our learning system equips people with the skills and knowledge needed to work in Scotland’s land-based sectors as well as any new and emerging green occupations in land-based sectors.
- Dr Liz Barron-Majerik, Director, Lantra Scotland (co-chair)
- Bernard Chisholm, Former Director of Education, Skills and Children’s Services, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (co-chair)
- Jamie Newbold, Academic Director, Scotland’s Rural College (SRUC)
- Chris Brodie, Director of Regional Skills Planning and Sector Development
- Steven Grier, Chair, Scottish Apprenticeship Advisory Board (SAAB) Employer Equalities Group
- James Wylie, Executive Director of Education, Leisure and Housing in Orkney Islands Council (nominated by ADES)
- George Jamieson, Education and Skills Manager, National Farmers Union Scotland
- Gail Robertson, Development Manager, Ringlink
- Amy Jo Reid, Agriculture and Rural Vice Chair, Scottish Association of Young Farmers Clubs
- Heather Jones, Chief Executive, Sustainable Aquaculture Innovation Centre
- David Thomson, Chief Executive, Food and Drink Federation Scotland
- Andy Leitch, Deputy Chief Executive, Confor
- Claudia Rowse, Deputy Director of Sustainable Growth, Nature Scot
- Lesley Laird, Director, Equate Scotland
- Rachel Cowper, Programme Director, Children’s Neighbourhoods Scotland