- according to published data from the Department for Levelling up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC), Scotland has received 40,802 visa applications through the UK ‘Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme’ (which includes the Scottish Super Sponsor Scheme) as at 20 September 2022, with 35,122 visas issued. As of 20 September, a total of 18,411 displaced people from Ukraine have arrived on a visa sponsored either by an individual Scottish sponsor or sponsored by the Scottish Government.
- as reported by welcome accommodations across Scotland on 14 September, there were 3,309 rooms or cabins occupied by displaced people from Ukraine in temporary accommodation in Scotland. There were around 5,186 people occupying hotel rooms and 1,354 people on-board the passenger ships.
- as reported by Local Authorities between 13 and 16 September 2022:
- there were around 5,600 (potential or current) volunteer hosts who expressed an interest in hosting someone arriving on a Super Sponsor visa.
- of these offers, around 3,850 property checks had been completed (around 65% of estimated properties requiring property checks) and around 3,115 properties had all necessary disclosure checks completed (around 50% of estimated properties requiring disclosure checks). Please note, these percentages are calculated against the estimated number of baseline properties requiring checks (6,125).
- in total, around 2,670 volunteer properties had been approved for matching with a Super Sponsor visa holder and cleared for hosting after passing the required property and disclosure checks.
- there were around 1,750 active (potential or current) individual sponsors in Scotland (Homes for Ukraine).
- for properties offered through the Individual Sponsor route, around 1,590 property checks have been completed (around 85% of estimated required property checks) and around 1,660 properties have had all necessary disclosure checks completed (around 90% of estimated properties requiring disclosure checks). Please note, percentages are calculated against the baseline number of estimated number of Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme Individual Sponsor Properties needing to be checked (1,885).
- in total, around 1,420 Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme Individual Sponsor properties had been cleared for hosting after passing required property and disclosure checks. Please note, Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme individual sponsors can host displaced people from Ukraine without their property being cleared for hosting.
- across the three main matching pathways (National Matching, Local Matching, Informal Matching), around 2,145 individuals (1,080 cases) arriving on the Scottish Super Sponsor scheme had been matched into and arrived at their new accommodation in Scotland as reported between 13 and 16 September 2022.
- local Authorities report that around 2,350 people (990 cases) arriving on the Ukraine Sponsorship Scheme with a named and known individual sponsor had arrived at their new accommodation in Scotland as reported between 13 and 16 September 2022.
- local Authority teams reported that around 870 people (370 cases) had been placed directly into social housing across Scotland, as reported between 13 and 16 September 2022. Please note that social or council housing is not a matching pathway in and of itself, and will include displaced people from Ukraine arriving on various visa schemes.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback