Tenant Information Pack (revised December 2016)

This pack applies to tenancies created before 1 December 2017. From then on, new Private Residential Tenancies will not require a Tenant Information Pack.

5 Further advice and support

General advice

Citizens Advice Scotland

Gives you details of your local Citizens Advice Bureau which can help with money, legal, consumer and other problems.

Tel: 0808 800 9060

Energy Saving Trust

Gives independent help and advice on how to save energy in the home.

Tel: 0800 512 012

Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets ( Ofgem)

Protects the interests of gas and electricity consumers.

Tel: 0141 331 2678

Housing advice

Shelter Scotland

Offers advice, information and advocacy to tenants in privately rented housing.

Tel: 0808 800 4444

Safety advice

Gas Safe Register

Offers gas safety advice and can take action to ensure that gas appliances in your property are safe.

Tel: 0800 408 5500

Health and Safety Executive

Provides a range of health and safety advice.

Electrical Safety Council

UK charity that provides electricity safety advice for the home.

Tel: 0131 445 4690

Landlord and letting agent representatives

Scottish Association of Landlords

Represents the interests of landlords and letting agencies in Scotland.

Tel: 0131 564 0100

Scottish Land and Estates

Represents the interests of rural landlords in Scotland.

Tel: 0131 653 5400

Landlord Accreditation Scotland

Provides you with information on accommodation which is managed by an accredited landlord.

Tel: 0131 553 2211

National Landlords Association

An association for private landlords in the UK.

Tel: 020 7840 8900

Association of Residential Letting Agents

An association for registered letting agents.

Tel: 0844 387 0555


Tenancies created after 1 December 2017, should use:

Back to top