1. Scottish Government (2017) Analysis of Written Responses to the Consultation on Social Security in Scotland
2. Scottish Government (2019) Disability assistance in Scotland: analysis of consultation responses
5. Stat Xplore, accessed 16th March 2020, Stat Xplore and NRS (2019) Mid-2018 population estimates Scotland: Child DLA May-18 caseload estimate, Scotland, under 18s: 38542. 30 June 2018 under 18 population estimate: 1,028,798
6. This includes children in several types of care setting, including at home (where a child is subject to a Compulsory Supervision Order and continues to live in their normal place of residence), foster care, residential unit or school, a secure unit, with prospective adopters, or in kinship care (where they are placed with friends or relatives).
7. Scottish Government (2020) Children's social work statistics 2018-2019
8. Scottish Government (2020) Children's social work statistics 2018-2019