5. Cross border public authorities must be designated as such by an Order made under section 88 of the Scotland Act 1998.
6. ‘Guidance on Succession Planning for Public Body Boards’, January 2017, http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Government/public-bodies/BoardChairs [accessed 13 June 2017]
8. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2012/162/contents/made and as amended by (and add in 2016 Regulations)
10. A trans woman with a UK Gender Recognition Certificate or with gender recognition from another EU Member State is legally a woman.
14. The Gender Representation on Public Boards (Scotland) (Reports) Regulations 2019
15. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2012/162/contents/made, as amended by [add link to the 2016 Regs]
17. As at August 2018